Wednesday 4 September 2013

OBIEE 11g: Conditional Formatting on a Column based on other column is not working in OBIEE11g


This issue is with 11.1.1.5.0 and later versions including the latest version 11.1.1.7.1

Scenario:

In OBIEE 11g, conditional formatting on a column based on another column does not work as it did in OBIEE 10g. For example, in an analysis, you set the conditional format of a column to turn background color to red, based on the value of another column. This works in OBIEE 10g, but not in OBIEE 11g.

Solution:
  1. For the column for which you want to apply the conditional format , open the Column properties dialogue box. 
  2. Click on the Column Format tab.
  3. Set the value suppression to "Repeat" then the conditional format will work as per your requirement.

12 comments:

  1. Hi, I tried keeping it on Repeat yet I cannot condition on 2 columns. I want to highlight a column if its value is not equal to some other column. Is there any way I can do this without introducing 3 rd column?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should work when you follow the workaround. As of now this is the only solution.

      Delete
  2. it doent work event though set on Repeat in olumn format...in 11.1.1.7.1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for quick solution. Worked exactly as described.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot Bro...I have been breaking my head for a day

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ,
    I need to change the color of 1 bar in obiee graphs(Line-Bar Chart) based on axis value.I have a data for 6 years and I want to highlight the bar of Current Year in the Graph.
    Any Possible Solution?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How can I apply conditional formatting on a top 3 regions?

    ReplyDelete